Senior Editor, Lifestyle
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most respected brands
Duration: full time
The Fox News Digital Lifestyle team is looking for a seasoned editor to lead a team of reporters and editors in our lifestyle industries, covering topics such as food, drink, travel, outdoor activities, style, beauty, health and wellbeing, and real estate. In this role, you identify, assign, and edit (and sometimes write) topics of interest to readers on FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com, thus encouraging the production of original and exclusive content while reviewing potential story ideas from news sources and social Access media platforms and online forums.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire and edit a team of lifestyle editors who create timely, brand-related content or breaking news within tight deadlines
- Monitor the news, social media platforms and online forums for the latest news and trending news
- Enforce SEO best practices
- Work with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content of interest to the lifestyle audience
- Manage part of the homepage to maximize lifestyle traffic
- Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, time on site, and initiated media
- Monitor lifestyle notifications and newsletters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Over 5 years of experience editing, reporting and creating engaging digital content
- Experience hard news and breaking news reporting and writing
- Experience in managing, assigning and working on an editorial team
- AP-style expertise
- Thorough knowledge of SEO and digital analytics best practices
- Familiarity with Photoshop or photo editing software
- The ability to identify trending news and viral trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent judgment and message gathering skills
- Impeccable editing and proofreading skills
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most respected brands, including FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX television networks. We enable a large number of developers to imagine and develop culturally meaningful content, while at the same time building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News Podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. FNC is a top five cable network and has been the most watched television news station for more than 17 consecutive years. FBN has been the number 1 business channel for two years. FOX News Media is owned by FOX Corporation and reaches 200 million people every month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella company representing the wide range of multi-platform sports facilities of FOX Corporation in the United States. FOX Sports was developed with brands that can reach more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend. This includes the sports television section of the FOX Network. FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports, and a controlling interest in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes owners and interests in linear television channels, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple websites, joint venture companies and various licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a leading national television broadcaster, is known for its combination of great prime-time entertainment and high-performance sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market partners and reaches approximately 99.9% of all US television households. Among the 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has been one of the two best networks in primetime entertainment for 23 years.
Fox television station
FOX Television Stations is one of the largest privately owned and operated network broadcasting groups in the country. It comprises 28 channels in 17 markets and covers over 37% of US television households. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopoles in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Would you like to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit the Fox Corporation website.