Meriden house fire from unattended cooking: Officials – NBC Connecticut

0
126

An early morning house fire in Meriden was caused by unsupervised cooking, according to firefighters.

Officials said the fire was reported at around 4:40 a.m. in a house on Hobart Street.

The fire was a second alarm at one point but was later contained. According to official information, crews from surrounding cities reacted to the scene.

Ken Morgan, Meriden fire chief, said the house was a total loss.

All occupants are billed and safe, said the crews. A total of eight residents or two families were displaced as a result of the fire.

A firefighter was rushed to hospital with a minor ankle injury and has since been released.

The firefighter’s office is investigating. The original cause of the fire was unattended cooking.