Events can be canceled due to COVID-19.
Virtual Authors Day – With Pam Houston and Jeri Norgren, 10-11: 30 a.m., Saturday, $ 10-15. Registration required: tinyurl.com/3ah6rnfz.
Virtual interview with Rutherford Case – Writer of “Time Springs Eternal,” 10-11:30 am, April 24; manitou springsheritagecenter.org.
Hoopla Digital – Users of the Pikes Peak Library District can use Hoopla Digital to access videos, music and audiobooks from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Apple TV for free. hoopladigital.com.
E-books and more – E-books, e-audio books, e-magazines free of charge with PPLD library card. Click CyberShelf under ppld.org.
All Branches of the Pikes Peak District Library Users can browse the physical collection without reservation, use self-checkout machines and service desks, reserve a 55-minute computer session per day, fax, scan and / or copy documents using machines without staff assistance, and make a 55-minute reservation for access to special collections in the Carnegie Library from 1905. Call 389-8968 to book your session. Library ID required to reserve by phone. PPLD has reopened its makerspaces and video / audio recording studios and a limited number of meeting rooms in five locations. Library users can also check out studio equipment and take advantage of 3D printing drop-off services. In addition to PPLD’s virtual Ask-a-Librarian services, large digital collection, extensive hub of online resources, and many virtual programs available online at ppld.org, users can also take advantage of roadside services at library locations .
• Calhan Library, 600 Bank St., Calhan
• Cheyenne Mountain Branch Library, 1785 p. 8th St.
• East Library, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Branch of the well library, 230 S. Main St., Brunnen
• High Prairie Library, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs Library at the Manitou Art Center, 515 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs
• Monument Library Branch, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive, Monument
• Branch of the Old Colorado City Library, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• The Palmer Lake Library Branch, 66 Lower Glenway, Palmer Lake
• Penrose Library, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon Library Branch, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley Library Branch, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek Library Branch, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass Library Branch, 8010 Severy Ave., Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE