Girl evicted from residence in NW Miami-Dade after fireplace broke out whereas cooking dinner – WSVN 7News | Miami Information, Climate, Sports activities

0
60

A woman was evicted from her home in northwest Miami-Dade after a fire broke out in the kitchen while she was preparing dinner.

Suzanne Ulysse’s 35-year-old home, along Northwest 29th Court and 91st Street, burned down Friday afternoon.

“All the pictures of my children, the diplomas – there is no way to express the feeling of something that you have had for 30 years,” she said. “This is my whole life apart from my children. I know these are material things. God spared my life, but there is history in this house. “

Miami-Dade firefighters cut off window bars to get inside the house and put out the fast-moving fire. Crews could also be seen severing parts of the roof to fight the fire from above.

Ulysse said it started with cooking and left the room. She came back to her kitchen full of smoke.

“I couldn’t go back,” said Ulysse. “My phone was in bed and I went out of the house to call for help. I heard the neighbors but saw no one. I pulled my shirt over my head and went back inside. “

Neighbors called 911 for help as soon as they saw the spark of fire.

“I see the house start smoking, a lot of smoke, and I called 911,” said a neighbor. “I thought she was in the house! I ran to 92nd Street, walked around and saw her talking, but when I finally saw her talking, it meant she was safe. “

Although he had lost everything, Ulysse found something to be grateful for.

“I am grateful,” she said. “It could be worse. My children weren’t there, and everyone else who helped put out the fire came out alive. I know they’re tired, but they’re alive, and you can be thankful for that.”

According to the fire brigade, no injuries were reported.

Ulysse will stay with her family until she finds a new home.

Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news straight to your inbox