AKRON, Ohio – Summer is drawing to a close, but there is still fun going on in September at Akron’s Lock 3 venue and across town.
The city of Akron announced its Lock 3 lineup for September, which includes everything from music to movies to fitness and the Akron Pizza Fest.
Events in September include:
Akron Pizza Festival (Block 3)
Akron Pizza Fest is a family-friendly event that features pizza from stores across Akron and Canton. Event highlights include a pizza meal competition, live music, beer, games, and activities for kids. The event is scheduled for September 3rd from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm; Noon-11pm on September 4th; and 12 noon-7 p.m. on September 5th. Admission is $ 5 for adults and $ 2 for children.
The Last Rock the castle of the season (Castle 3)
The concert on September 3rd will feature Zoso, The Ultimate Led Zeppelin with Lady Lyre. The gates open at 6 p.m. and the concert starts at 7 p.m. Entry is $ 5.
Saturday music (lock 3)
- September 4: The Iron Maidens at 8:30 p.m. Admission is $ 5.
- September 11th: Switch, with Willie B & Friends and Flocco at 6pm. Entry is $ 20.
Tea time (lock 3)
- Sept: 19: Have tea with the tea lady from 2:30 p.m. Entry is $ 40.
Castle 3 Extra (Akron Civic Theater)
- Sept 6th: Ledisi with special guest Leela James at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be found on the Akron Civic Theater website.
Summer concert series (Castle 3)
Concerts take place in September on Wednesdays from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the Schleuse 3 stage:
- Sept. 1: Overboard – The Love Boat Band
- September 8th: Jeff Klemm
- September 15: Jocelyn Grant
- September 22nd: King bees
- September 29th: cats on vacation
Sunday cinema (Schleuse 3)
- 5th September: First Tee Teaches Golf presents the film “The Greatest Game Ever Played” at dusk.
North Hill Film Series (People’s Park, 760 Elma St.)
- September 18: The final film in the Lock 3-sponsored series of films begins at dusk and features a screening of “Soul”.
Fitness in the city center (lock 3)
- JustUs offers line dancing on Sundays from 4pm to 5pm.
- Yoga Squared will host yoga on Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thank you dog! Bootcamp will hold a bootcamp and dog obedience course on Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm.
For tickets and event updates, visit www.Lock3Live.com.