The Napa Valley Cooking School classroom on the St. Helena campus of Napa Valley College hosts food enthusiast classes for the community
Samie Hartley, register
While Napa Valley College has the majority of its spring courses online due to current county and state COVID-19 guidelines, individuals can still enroll in a variety of Food & Wine Enthusiast courses that are offered in person.
Enrollment is limited, pre-registration required, and courses are only offered to couples to limit the number of households participating.
Support local reporting and the people who report it by subscribing to the Napa Valley Register.
All courses for Food & Wine Enthusiast take place on the Upper Valley Campus of Napa Valley College in the Belle Rhodes Teaching Kitchen in St. Helena.
- Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! On Saturday, April 17th, from 12pm to 3pm. Learn from Pat Burke how to cook poultry in different ways and with fantastic side dishes. The students will prepare the recipes in their secure “pod stations”.
- Cake Decorating: Beyond the Frosting on Saturday, April 24th, 9am to 11am In this hands-on class, you’ll learn how to decorate a cake like a pro with a seasoned Food Network cake decorator, pastry chef and chef, Derek Corsino.
- Know Your Napa Valley College Wines and Groceries To Pair With On Saturday, May 1, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Tracii Dutton leads this wine and food tasting and pairing class while attendees share Paul Gospodarczyk’s and The students in Napa Valley explore college viticulture program. Experience the many flavors of these wines as well as complementary foods.
- Spring Tarts: Traditional, Vegan, and Gluten-Free on Saturday, May 15, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Learn how to make spring tarts with Toni Chiapetta as she leads this hands-on class that makes traditional pastry bowls with a variety of fillings, gluten-free and vegan Versions.
- Italian dinner in the countryside above St. Helena on Saturday, May 22nd, 6 to 9 p.m. A chef’s table experience includes a six-course meal with Napa Valley College wines. After a demonstration and conversation about the Italian-inspired recipes, sit at your own table in the professional kitchen. Each course is prepared and covered with Greg Miraglia and the cooking instructors talking about the techniques used. The menu features charred Caesar salad, a braised flank steak inspired by southern Italy with handmade noodles and espresso semi-fredo.
- On Saturday, May 29th, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., just take part. An interactive sushi making course with chef Savanna Petri.